Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Clipse x Zelda (and More!)


Yo, I just happened to hear this track walking out of the "Dining Commons" a.k.a "SAGA" a.k.a The Cafeteria here at Hampshire college. The good people doing dishes were bumping it.

I searched it on the internets upon returning to my room and I was right: what they were listening to was Ocarina of Time music from the Lost Woods mashed up with "Virginia" by the Clipse. I love the Clipse and Ocarina is one of the best games ever. So, that's great:

Turns out, this is a part of a larger project called "Ocarnia of Rhyme". You can download the mix of all the mashups here. Or just stream them there. You can do that, too.

Another sick Ocarina of Rhyme remix is:


Or:


This stuff reminds me of the "Chrono Trigger Mixtape" that was floating around a few years back. If you haven't checked that ish out, you really should. I can't find a good download or stream of it anywhere on the internets, though. What a bummer! Maybe you can find it? For now, check out this track which is my favorite on the Mixtape:


"Get 'em high like noon or the moon or a room filled with smoke"

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment